Redeemer Church Lakeland exists to CALL people to an authentic relationship with Christ and one another; BUILD a community of hope, healing, joy, and worship; and SEND laborers into Lakeland and the world to serve God and neighbor.
NEW HEARTS- The gospel shapes how we believe. As we call people to an authentic relationship with Christ, we expect to see hearts transformed by the power of the gospel of grace. "26And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules." (Ezekiel 36:26-27)
NEW MINDS- The gospel shapes how we think. As we seek to build a community of hope, healing, joy, and worship, we expect to see minds transformed as God grows us in grace and shapes us more and more into His image. "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind…" (Romans 12:2)
NEW HANDS- The gospel shapes how we serve. As we send laborers into Lakeland and the world, we expect to see hands transformed as we seek to love our neighbor as ourselves. "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." (Mark 10:45)
- Evangelizing: organically where we live, work, and play; organizationally through outreach ministries
- Engaging culture: intellectually, ethnically, and artistically [i.e. cultural symposium; hospitality to neighboring diverse community; art shows]
- Church planting: strategically as the Lord grows our church in membership and health. Redeemer desires to be a church that will plant a church that will plant a church.
- Corporate Worship: creating a weekly atmosphere of reverence and joy where God’s people grow through word, prayer, and sacrament
- Christian Education: creating a consistent atmosphere of education through classes and studies for adults, students, and children
- Community Groups: creating a consistent atmosphere of hope and healing through building authentic relationships in small groups
- Samson Society: serving our city by fostering a fellowship of men who are serious about authenticity, community, humility, and recovery [click here to learn more]
- Counseling Ministry: serving our city by utilizing professional and lay counselors of Redeemer
- Local/Global Missions: serving our city by partnering with local ministries and serving our world by supporting foreign missionaries