Our community groups are the best way for you to get plugged into the life of our church. These groups act as the "ministry hub" for building relationships over a meal in a home, serving in the Redeemer's Sunday hospitality ministry, and sharing the love of Christ in word and deed in our neighborhoods. With the exception of the group listed below, most of our groups are breaking for the summer months. Instead, we are offering Wednesday night dinners as a way to promote community within the church over the summer. See below for more information regarding Wednesday nights. Click the calendar link above to view contact and location info for the Rothbard/Robart group.
- Rothbard/Robart Community Group: 3rd Friday
Most of our community groups will be taking a break over the summer. In lieu of community groups, we will have Wednesday night dinners (6/12, 6/19, 6/26, 7/10, 7/17, 7/24), 6pm-8pm. Dinner and fellowship the first hour, classes/activities for children & classes for adults in the 2nd hour. Youth group will continue to meet, led by Alex Cali. Adult class descriptions below.
We will serve pizza, salad & dessert for a $2/child and $3/adult, but no more than $10/family.
Children's Ministry: "The kids will be involved with applying a little Biblical knowledge and a whole lot of fun! Bring a friend. Each week will be different."
Ryan Grafton's class: "Ephesians: A 6-week Bible study covering several major themes through Paul’s letter to the Ephesians. We will explore background, literary structure, and present-day relevance."
Chris Boll's class: "Class Name TBD: This class aims to explore some of the underlying thoughts, themes, and worldviews expressed through some of today's artistic expression. Get ready to turn a loving and critical eye toward the beauty and brokenness of some of our popular films, literature, and music."
Our Christian Education hour begins Sundays at 9:15 and meets in rooms located in the church and ministry house next door. The nursery (infants through 4 years old) will be open during this time. Our Fall 2018 classes include:
- Children [K-5th grade]: NEW TESTAMENT TIMES- The elementary classes will be taking a bird's eye view of the books of the New Testament, starting with Matthew. We'll be learning the "who, what, when, where and how" of the books and have some lively discussion and projects along the way. These classes will meet in the children's classrooms in the church.
- Youth [6th-12th]: BIBLE SURVEY- the youth will weekly examine the books of the Bible, starting in the Old Testament, by reading and reviewing key Bible stories, poetry, and epistles to learn and understand their background, literary qualities, and message. Students at every level can have their faith encouraged by gaining a better appreciation of the reliability of sacred Scripture. This class will meet in the new “Youth Garage” in the ministry house next door.
- Adult: THAT THE WORLD MAY KNOW (beginning in October) "That the World May Know" series on The Promise Land, a video series of faith lesson by Ray Vander Laan on living for God where our culture is influenced through an understanding of historical Israel and scripture. This class meets in the room right outside the sanctuary.
- Adult: REDEEMER 101- What is your church's vision? What exactly does Redeemer believe? How is your church structured? What does it mean to become a member? If these are some of the questions you have been asking yourself or others about Redeemer, then we encourage you to attend our 101 class this fall! Redeemer 101 is for anyone who would like to be introduced to Redeemer's VISION, VALUES [theology and church government], and VOWS that one takes to become a member. While this class is designed to be a helpful introduction for all, if you are interested in becoming a member, then you need to plan to attend. We will meet in the classroom next to the nursery.
- Adult: SERMON ON THE MOUNT- Jesus defines the Church as a “city set on a hill.” In his famous sermon in Matthew 5-7, He teaches his disciples what it practically looks like to live as an “alternate city” within the city. Come join our study as we discuss practical topics like: finding comfort, showing mercy, suffering under persecution, fighting sinful anger and lust, and loving your enemies! This class will meet in the ministry house next door.
The women's ministry seeks to authentically connect our women with Christ and one another by teaching and demonstrating biblical womanhood through the scriptures, and by following our helper design to come alongside our church leaders in sharing the good news of Christ. We work with one another in supporting A Woman's Choice and Repurpose Art Studio. In addition to these outreach opportunities, we also periodically host other women's events such as breakfasts, baby showers, etc. These events focus on fellowship, personal connection, and connection with scripture. We also have several "Femaleship" (female fellowship) dinners at various restaurants in the area throughout the year. Click the calendar link above for specific event dates.
This is a great time for men to get together around the fire and talk about life. Our firepit meetings start in October when the weather cools down and end in March with a NCAA March Madness watch party. We meet every second Thursday at 7:00pm at the firepit behind Redeemer during those months.
We love our Redeemer kids and love pointing them to Jesus through age appropriate Christian education classes [see classes offered above], a caring and playful nursery for our babies and toddlers, catechism training [4 year old- 2nd grade] during the sermon portion of our worship, and fun seasonal events throughout the year! Click the calendar link above for specific event dates.
Redeemer youth [6th-12th] meet every Wednesday at 6:30pm at the church for Bible study, snacks, and games. We will be following the Sunday sermon on the second half of Romans through engaging questions and practical applications from the weekly passage. Likewise, the youth get together for special events like bowling, Family Fun Center, and mission trips! Click the calendar link above for specific event dates.